” There is a tremendous skill in deliberately directing your own thoughts that will yield results that cannot be compared with results that mere action can provide.”
I have been taught, by the true Teacher within, that the essential purpose of our existence is the revelation of joy and the basis of that joy is freedom. That delicious freedom is the reality of every waking moment, yet, from our fear, resistance to it does arise in the mind. When a friend spoke recently of a frightening situation, I proposed that she choose a basis of her thoughts which she could focus upon. She grew angry, and asked” Are you saying that I am responsible for everything just because of what I am thinking?!”. Perhaps, not so simply as she’d stated, in truth I was pointing out that she had choice in the deliberate direction of her thoughts in that moment. Had she focused upon the growing fear of a unkown danger, she would surely nurse the beast to great strength, experience tremendous sadness and grief and eventually come to wonder why that storm had come so rapidly and caused such great destruction upon her life experience. On the contrary, she had the choice of choosing to nurture the thoughts that brought a sense of peace and alignment with her true Self knowing that all is well and seeing the possibilities from a vantage point of strength and invulnerable wholeness. Mere words will never come close to expressing the majestic power such choosing of thought can have over the quality and direction of life experience. There are few skills equally worthy of attention and cultivation.
Here is a useful exercise:
The next time you are feeling out of balance, go to this guide and see it bring you closer to your own liberation of thought.
- Awakening: What was I just thinking? Put your ‘finger’ upon the thought that began the avalanche of feeling your are experiencing now.
- Acknowledgement: See the thought as the catalyst it is. Declare: “There is one of those disturbing ego thoughts again!” * Don’t let your mind get stuck on the term ego. We will discuss this term at length in a future post. By all means, use another term if the mind is becoming distracted by this one. Low energy, negative and bad vibration are all good replacements to try.
- Awareness: That thought comes from my fear of ?? . When I allow thoughts of fear, I disallow alignment with my Source, God, Allah, Buddha, inner Christ, Divine Mother . Call the Presence by any name you choose- just call ‘it’ forth:)
Do I want that thought to grow or increase in experience along with the dis-empowerment it brought?
- Affirmation: What is the contrasting thought and desire? Choose this contrasting thought or desire stated clearly and deliberately.
- Alignment: The moment by moment practicing of deliberate thoughts chosen by you in a conscious state of awareness brings the here and now alignment with who you really are which your soul craves so deeply. This is the only ‘work’ you will ever need to do. Be here, stay here, and when you experience thought and emotion that makes alignment elusive, return with gratitude to the Awakening. In Joy!